Unlike most railroads, Tacoma Rail’s published rates are determined using public utility cost-of-service principles rather than market-based pricing. These rates are approved by the Public Utility Board and Tacoma City Council in a series of public meetings.
Tacoma Rail is also subject to regulation by the Surface Transportation Board.
Print Copies of Our Freight Tariffs:
- TMBL 8807-J: Switching Charges – Effective January 1, 2021
- TMBL 8807-I: Switching Charges
- TRMW 8000-A Switching Charges
- TRMW 8000-A Switching Charges Supplement 1
Fuel surcharge (effective October 1, 2021)
Fuel surcharge (effective April 1, 2020)
- Tidelands Division (TMBL): $0.59 per car
- Mountain Division (TRMW): $7.18 per car